Importance of Digital Marketing
and Why I decided to Write About it
Some interesting statistics:
- The average daily interaction with a smartphone is more than 2,600 times.
- 47% of US smartphone users consider their device to be an essential part of their lives.
- An average US adult spent 2 hours and 55 minutes per day on his or her smartphone in 2019.
- The majority of content consumption is digital within social media platforms in forms of text content, digital image, and video.
- Online reviews are affecting shoppers’ behavior and, therefore, directly impacting sales. A poorly designed mobile environment results in users not recommending your business.
- There were 5.11B global mobile users in 2019, out of which 2.71B own a smartphone.
The digital environment has created a ground for marketers to interact with their target audience effectively and efficiently.
A new study from IDC Research found that 80% of smartphone users interact with their mobile devices within the first 15 minutes of waking up each day.
All the statistics shown above are vital, but I emphasized on two.
It all goes back to the customer’s expectations. We are living in a world that fast and easy have become the norm. Whether it’s product or content, consumers want to capture value at the quickest and easiest rate possible. When considering providing value to your customers, your website’s health, speed, and user experience are exceptional items to consider.
- 70% of customers say site speed impacts their purchasing decisions.
- 37% of the customers immediately bounce off when your site takes more than five seconds to load.
- One-second delay results in a 7% drop in your conversion rate.
Your digital environment and experience affect how competitive you are in a digital environment. Search engines such as Google consider such measures for whether or not to display your website on the first results page.
With digital marketing, you can implement custom segmentations to target the audience interested in your product and services. You also can create your segmentation, based on an individual’s shopping behavior and online interactions.
Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, and all available tools give you the ability to create meaningful user journeys, decide on practical goals, and measure each for their performance. You can see what works in your marketing campaigns and what doesn’t. This flexibility will allow you to improve your marketing campaigns and optimize your spending per year.
Digital Marketing is about creating value for your customers by generating meaningful and valuable content and delivering it promptly. When done right, you create a loyal customer base that wants to return and utilize your products and services. While building strong retention, you will have the ability to develop valuable strategies to grow your customer base and increase your revenue. It also provides you with the ability to measure your ROI (return on investment) by analyzing your campaign data and matching that against your incoming income. You can understand your target audience and create meaningful campaigns that create value for both the organization and your customers.
About Me and My Background
Hi, my name is Behtash!
I help businesses grow their brands and gain a competitive edge in the digital marketplace with digital marketing…
I never thought to find marketing as my life-altering piece. When I was in high school my goal was to become an electrical engineer with a focus on robotics. In pursuit of that goal, I decided to move to Budapest (HU) for my higher education and get my Bachelor’s degree in this area of interest. I was young and inexperienced and decided to take this challenging journey by myself to learn and experience life. I studied what was called there an electronic and informatics major, cross major between electrical and software engineering. It was fun to learn about coding and algorithms and gaining a deeper understanding of how computers and applications work. My favorite subject was networks and signals and I can’t tell you how interesting it was to come back home turn on the music and work on some of those mathematical equations for hours. In my past time, I learned some Hungarian to be able to communicate with the community, enjoy the beautiful architecture and classical music. While I was enjoying my life and was excited to finish school, I always had this question in the back of my mind… Is this the right path for me?
A year before graduation I came to the U.S. and started reading about management, business, and economics. I started talking to people, engaging in solving problems. I got my first job in sales and customer service. The passion I had for helping people sparked me to change my major to business management. So I started again fresh. I got my first marketing job and fell in love with strategy, story-telling, and solving marketing problems. I was so intrigued by having the ability to create brand stories, marketing plans, identifying personas, building strategies. I then continued my education to attain an MBA to further my knowledge in the field.
Now I find my passion to be helping businesses in any industry grow their business, gain digital market share and achieve long-term sustainability.
Some of the reasons why I love the Internet:
- The Internet is the ground upon which, bloggers; companies, and customers can communicate with each other.
- It is an excellent source of information.
- It is an open-source environment in which innovation and creativity get rewarded.
- It somewhat provides a leveling ground for smaller companies, larger corporations, and individuals to tell their stories, establish effective branding, and communicate with their target base.
My goal for this blog is to provide information about the world of digital marketing and share my experience and knowledge with you.